Well, it has been a crazy whirlwind since my last post. Things have been going really well though. Upon arrival in Bangkok, we calculated that it took us about 48 hrs 15 min to get here. Wow. It actually didn't feel that long though, and the jet lag is already going away. When we were waiting for Alvin's cousin in the airport, I was delighted to hear Taylor Swift playing on the speakers. Excellent sign. The next day, we toured Bangkok, with guiding kindly provided by my fellow intern Alvin's cousin, P'Bhan. She took us around to lots of different places and we even went and got a Thai massage (highly recommend).
I'm finding Thailand to be very hospitable and cheap. Baht really does go a long way. More pics will hopefully be posted soon to Flickr (it was going slow the other night), but a good bit are already on Facebook.
I am currently settling in to the intern house in Khon Kaen. Khon Kaen is a 6 hr bus ride from Bangkok, located in the northeast province of Isaan. I must admit, this is proving to be the most difficult transition thus far. I hadn't really started to feel the effects of my travels until we arrived at the house. I won't lie: my first thought was "oh s***." Upon cleaning and moving in, this has already lessened. As I type, I am sitting on our upstairs porch watching the early morning sun come up over the houses and trees. That's another thing: sleeping late seems to be a pipe dream. I woke up at 6:20am to roosters crowing in my yard and even having a fight. Not to mention the other wildlife and motorsais (motorcycles) that go in front of the house.
As above, more pics are on Facebook and will hopefully be on Flickr soon.
A brief tour of the house:
No comments:
Post a Comment