From here to there.

From here to there.

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Vietnam

Made it safely to Vietnam! I would have updated on Facebook, but... http://www.economist.com/blogs/asiaview/2011/01/facebook_vietnam

They sucked the fun out of the internet.

Things are going well... busy and sleepy... The Vietnamese dong has millions of zeros (23,000=1 US dollar) so doing the budget is awful. We have to go from baht to dollar to dong... But working with the Community Public Health program is going well. I work with them in addition (or in place of, depending) to DG. DG is what I worked with last semester. Now I study public health in Thailand... and now Vietnam! It's really interesting, a new perspective on the country for sure.

Otherwise, I got into Duke!! Yay! I got into all 3-- Duke, Vandy, and Wesley. But now I have to make a choice.. ugh. Advice?

I'll report back better at another time, just like I always say. But seriously, I will. With photos. This is my promise.

2 comments:

  1. Thats crazy that they finally shut down FBook. When I was there in '07 a bunch of the news websites were blocked and some video sites but those are pretty easy to work around though. I did however see some CRAZY raids at bars and night clubs. Have an amazing time, enjoy that everything is super cheap and over eat like crazy!

    Can you tell I am super jealous right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you study abroad in Vietnam? Where? And was it a CIEE program?

    Hope you're well!! (And the overeating definitely happened ha.)

    ReplyDelete